How to register as an agent
Businesses or individuals who wish to apply for registration as an agent with the Clean Energy Regulator must complete the steps below.
Depending on the type of account being applied for, applicants may be required to supply relevant identity documentation, complete a questionnaire, and declare their status as a ‘fit and proper person’.
Note: you should ensure you have all necessary documentation on hand before you begin the application process, as applications cannot be saved.
- Open the REC Registry and select ‘Apply for an account’, then “Registered person”, “Registered agent”. Information about each account type is located on this page. If access to the STC Clearing House is required the “STC clearing house” account type should also be selected.
- Complete each section of the application and select ‘Submit’.
Steps for existing REC Registry users
If you are registered as a person in the REC Registry and would like to upgrade to a registered agent account:
- Login to your REC Registry account.
- Click on ‘My account’ and then select ‘Account applications’.
- Select ‘Upgrade account’.
- Click on the ‘Registered agent’ account types you would like to apply for and select ‘Next’.
- Complete each section of the online application and select ‘Submit’.
Once received, the Clean Energy Regulator will begin assessment of your application which may take up to six weeks.
Once access has been granted, you will be required to pay an agent registration fee when you login for the first time. Registration fees must be paid before certificates can be created.
Date last updated: 24 Sep 2014